Day Two Of Cookie Making


When I finished my food pantry, I went to Sam's Club and bought enough food to fill two carts. I was excited, not real pratical, especially with my travel schedule. So what do you do when a 48-oz. bag of dried cranberries looked good to you? You bake. This cookie recipe was actually on the bag and the cookies turned out great. They taste similar to scones, which I'm hoping means I can eat them for breakfast. Not really. Well maybe.

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies

2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1-1/2 cups of old-fashioned oats
1-1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 6-oz. package Craisins Dried Cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips

Preheat oven at 375 degrees. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Makes approximately 2-1/2 dozen cookies.

Enjoy!

Comments

Tammy said…
yum! I make a similar cookie that I learned from Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee - one of my fav chefs, esp. for us working girls!

Mine is sugar cookie mix according to directions (or use refrigerated sugar cookie dough). Mix in dried cherries and pistachios. Bake as directed.

Cool. Dip in melted almond candy coating.

Always a hit at gatherings and looks very gourmet'ish!

Love your blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Chunky Tomato Soup and Cheesy Croissants

Christmas Letter 2017

Christmas Letter 2018